Monday, September 18, 2006

Too Old To Be Doing A Zine

Received Phantom Conversation #8 from Rick Yates of Longview, Washington. This publication is chock full of deep conversations and age old questions like " Is punk philosophy compatible with art?" This prankster DJ says he's too old to put out a zine and if you check out his Myspace page, you'll read that he only sends these zines (and I quote) "to people who don't want it... It's my way of saying, "UP YOURS" to all the people that won't pay attention to me."



I guess I'm on his sh*t list because I think this is the 2nd issue I've received and I haven't replied yet. I intend to rectify that today by sending out a batch of useless ephemera to him today.

If you want to participate in the Phantom Conversation, send something (a photograph, a poem, a drawing, a collage, a book or music or movie review, a drunken rant on audio cassette) and if he likes it, your item just might end up in the next issue.

Send your stuff to:
Phantom Conversation
2808 Florida Street
Longview, WA 98632 USA

No comments: